Thursday 1 May 2014

Today's Happy Outfit

'Happy outfits' are my own invention. I discovered a few years back when looking at my teenage photos that  my mood really reflects in the way I dress. So I discovered that if I put something on that makes me smile, it will automatically uplift my mood.
When I moved out of my parents' house I made this a rule for myself. Every day I have to put on an outfit that makes me happy. This is probably the best thing I could have ever done.
Now, years later, I ditched the jeans (they make me feel like a grey mouse and they never fit anyway) and filled my closet with a great number of brightly coloured dresses, tops, and skirts. I like dresses with wide skirts and floral prints because, well, they make me happy. What kind of clothing makes you happy?


I sometimes kind of go overboard with the happy outfits. Today I wore a lovely rockabilly dress by Bernie Dexter with vintage shoes from the 70's. I love this dress because the colours are bright and I love floral prints (my closet is full of them!). The petticoat is from Hell Bunny.



I dyed my hair purple/pink a couple of days back. It's the first time I dyed my hair in a bright colour but I love it! Since I am growing out my bangs and they are of an awkward length I decided to pin them up with a victory roll - perfectly fitting for a rockabilly dress!



My necklace is my mom's. She had it for a long time and then gave it to me because she didn't really wear it
I love it and I like to wear it as it reminds me of her.


My eyes are done with mostly Sugarpill pressed eyeshadows, you can get them at http://www.sugarpillshop.com or in Europe at www.enchantra.eu. They are amazingly pigmented! I am wearing Dollipop on my eyebrows and Buttercupcake, Tako and Acidberry, and a little bit of Bulletproof.The only non-Sugarpill eyeshadow is in my crease and is from Lime Crime. It's called Jade-o-Lade. My lipstick is also from Lime Crime and it's called Centrifuchsia. You can get it at their website http://www.limecrime.com.




Love,
Jopie

No comments:

Post a Comment